Michael Taylor is an award-winning photographer who has worked with many Council and Government departments across the UK and Ireland.
His main commercial specialism is Tourism and Infrastructure.
For over 25 years Michael has become a trusted supplier to many large corporations, achieving a high return on investment.
PREVIOUS PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
(Detailed listings are in Previous Clients in the main menu):
- U2 on location in both Cork and Belfast
- David Holmes, music supervisor for films such as Ocean’s 11,
Ocean’s 12, Ocean’s 13 and Zoolander
- Gold Medal at the National Design Awards, Dublin
- targeted photography for the main N.I. advertising agencies
- a European wide tender, to deliver the prestigious EU-funded project (Destination North West), involving full location photography across six counties of Ireland/N.Ireland; this work was extensively incorporated into the marketing collateral of Fáilte Ireland
- collaborating with Michelin Star chefs in major hotels and restaurants
- a national campaign for the Royal Life Saving Society UK: a multiple-location brief throughout the GB Mainland, including complex technical elements
- location projects in the South of France, especially at Parc national du Mercantour, Serre Chevalier Vallée and la Nioulargue International Yacht Race, St.Tropez.
Professional and approachable at all times, Michael believes in reliably delivering photography to the highest possible standards.
His diverse range of skills enables many Councils and Public Sector organisations to achieve real value for money.
Michael will deliver according to brief, every time and within budget.
His skill set is outlined below.
Covering all of Ireland, the United Kingdom and mainland Europe, Michael manages all aspects of location photography. Throughout the process, good communication is continually maintained with the client.
An important component of Tourism and infrastructure photography, location projects include:
- location reconnaissance of both rural and urban environments
- location listings
- met office weather planning
- model organisation and release forms
- agreements with land owners and government agencies
- overall project management (who, where, when) in accordance with the client brief.
Lifestyle And People
Michael directs models to achieve natural looking results. Activities include:
- golf, fishing, swimming
- walking , climbing and running
- leisure and fitness centres
Architecture and interiors
This aspect of photography includes:
- premier hotels, museums and historical monuments
- carefully lit interiors using a wide range of powerful flash equipment and light modifiers, yet maintaining a natural and attractive feel
- special emphasis on people engaged in activities within the built environment
- night photography
- food images in-situ using a mix of flash and natural light.
Michael has collaborated with architects and with restaurant, hotel and museum directors to integrate people, food, interiors and architecture into their corporate marketing materials. For example:
- a one week commission photographing all the major rooms of Castle Leslie Estate in County Monaghan; an international grade stylist from England was selected by Michael to perform all in situ styling.
Michael’s music, dance, visual arts and crafts imagery is usually Tourism focused. For example:
- images of craft (people and products) for the South Tyrone Craft Trail concluded in the local Dungannon TIC winning a National tourism award
- craft centres in Donegal and Enniskillen.
Regarding dance photography, Michael completed a 10 year project (including Random Dance/Wayne McGregor, London) culminating in a final three floor exhibition at Waterfront Hall, Belfast.
A unique feature of Michael’s work is the ability to derive many abstract images in addition to the main material. These often relate unseen details and are valued by graphic designers and clients.
- MA (Fine Art), University of Ulster, Belfast
- BA (1st Class Honours), Design (spec. photography), University of Ulster, Belfast
- Certificate: Faculty Award, Art and Design, Northern Bank Ltd.
- Certificate: Business Course, N.I. Small Business Institute
- MSc Computer Science, Queen’s University, Belfast
- BSc Zoology, Queen’s University, Belfast.